Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's cocktail time!

Yep. A Sandra Lee tagline. While it's a tad passé, I needed to share this recipe with the world. It's a sweet departure from the ordinary--one taste will surely say why. I came upon this formula entirely by accident. I wanted to make something with my Maker's Mark, and I have so many lemons from the farmer's market I went to over the weekend. It's got firm citrus notes and a strong slug from the bourbon. Here goes:

Meyer Monster

1 shot meyer lemon simple syrup (boil 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucier with the grated zest of 1 meyer lemon until sugar has completely dissolved and bubbles are just beginning to form)
1 shot bourbon whiskey
1/2 shot Cointreau
1/2 shot freshly-squeezed lemon juice

Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and pour into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a ribbon of lemon peel. Makes 1 Meyer Monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment