Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hoecakes Part II

So, since I have eaten all the hoecakes I made on Sunday, and had no food left to eat in the refrigerator except a slice of bread, two eggs and a bag of oranges, I decided to make more hoecakes, but this time with Martha's recipe, and sans bacon fat (I need to cut it out with all the animal fat for a few days; butter, bacon--it's too much for me).

I must say, I enjoyed these hoecakes much more than Paula's recipe. They have more sugar, so they're sweeter (duh..), but I'm a "northerner" (more like a Californian, but I digress) and I like my cornbread sweet, so sue me. They were moister because they used all buttermilk (and no water). I made these from memory because I was too lazy to take my computer out of my backpack and turn it on, so I used 1 1/4c buttermilk instead of 1 1/2c, so my batter was quite thick, but it still tasted good, my hoecakes were just a tad on the thick side.. and I only used 1/4 c. sugar, which I think was quite enough.

So there you have it, Go Martha.

-Patty Lu

p.s. where is david?

No comments:

Post a Comment